Post-Dental Discharge Instructions:
- Because your pet was under anesthesia, he/she may be irritable especially around other animals and small children. Your pet may experience decreased appetite, nausea, and vomiting over the next 24-48 hours. This can be normal. Offer small amounts of food and water tonight and call the clinic if vomiting persists.
- Your pet may vomit blood tonight or tomorrow especially if extractions were performed. This is a normal occurrence.
- If extractions were performed - feed canned food or dry food soaked in warm water for 2-3 days.
- If your pet is being sent home with antibiotics, start the first dose tonight or continue giving them if prescribed before the procedure.
- Start any pain medications tonight.
*Please call (973) 764-3630 if you have any questions or concerns.*
347 Rt 94
Vernon, NJ 07462
Small Animal & Exotic Medicine and Surgery